Maumee Valley Presbytery is pleased to announce our 2nd Training Leaders to Preach course that will begin later this spring. Our first class in 2016 was very successful and many of its students have found their way to actively providing pulpit supply to our churches. All reported that the course greatly enhanced their personal faith and aided them in gaining confidence to share that faith publicly.
The course is a blend of classroom learning, practical application, and hands on support and mentoring. You will learn:
- The basic concepts of theology (the world of God questions)
- The basic concepts of exegesis (practical ways to approach the scriptures)
- The basic concepts of homiletics (practical ways of writing and speaking on behalf of God)
- The basic concepts involving liturgy (practical ways to set up a worship service)
- The basic concepts of the lectionary (introduction to the church's ages old schedule of scripture readings for each week)
In addition, you will create 4 sermons, preach them at a teaching church assigned to you, and receive feedback and instruction from the church and its pastor on areas to improve or enhance.
Enrollment is $25 plus the cost of any books that you are assigned to read.
The flyer that is attached offers you additional information.